Friday, December 12, 2014

Staying with Joy & her family

Day Eight

We woke up around 12pm today, it was really hot so a bit tough to sleep. We went downstairs and had a great chat with Lily, Joys mum its so incredible to hear their way of life and how her husband works in Saudi Arabia and he comes home once every six months- a year for four weeks. She is so strong and supportive of him. She is a really amazing lady with such a big heart. She spoke to her husband on skype and I got to meet him over a video call. They were both saying that when he comes over in January, him and his wife will make it their mission to find me a Filipino husband. Lily asked me to pray for him over skype so I did. The Filipinos are so loving and accepting of all people, felt like I was really apart of their family in such a short time.This morning I also had my first experience having a shower with no shower head. Just a tap and a bucket and scoop. It was actually really refreshing cos of the heat and I was able to aim better pouring the water over my head to not get the water that is not safe to drink in my mouth! After getting ready we had lunch at a nearby place on the street near where they lived. I was really afraid of getting sick because I had no idea how they prepare the food. But the food was amazing! I had Chicken Adobo and James, Joys brother brought a selfie stick- they are so obsessed with taking selfies here and you see people everywhere with the sticks taking photos doing everything its so funny!











No comments:

Post a Comment