Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Thankyou God, no storm!!

Day Five




















    









Woke up today and it's still raining, went for a walk with Kuya John to see if there was any flooding anywhere. The house had stayed up until 3am this morning to wait to see if all the valuables needed to be moved when the storm was meant to hit at 3AM. Praise God, the storm was very dimmed down and didn't hit anywhere near as hard as it was meant to!






Everyone else slept in quite late. At about 1:30pm we all went to the mall to try a traditional fried chicken, banana ketchup, kumara chips and sinigang (tamamind soup). Oh how I love the sinigang, it is sour and delicious, Nyles said that she can teach me how to make it. Would love to take the recipe to make for people back in New Zealand!  Fried chicken is also a real favourite here in the Philippines!









Then we just waited around a little, until we met Joy- Ps. John's personal assistant at 3pm at Starbucks. Once we met her, we had coffee and donuts and talked about what the schedule would be for while I am serving in the North Church. I had a Christmas cookie latte which was really yum, Ps. John ordered our coffees and we each had funny names- he was Brad Pitt, mine was Katie- Katie Perry that is. Haha. My coffee tasted like gingerbread biscuits and I had a creme brulee donut. Here they really love donuts and they sell them everywhere in the malls. As so the Christmas decorations are everywhere, really helps to get you in the Christmas spirit. 


We talked about what my schedule and decided that I will go and stay with Joy and her family for a few nights. So that I can go be apart of her eGroup with her seven girls on Friday night and then meet Ps. John and ate Nyles at the resort for the baptism on Saturday. Ps John asked if I could write a letter that we can send out in the church for people to take to their workplaces to raise some funds. I will be working with Nikka for getting the Care and Connections up and running with systems like how it runs in the city- or as close to. Ps. John asked me if I could set up/ come up with an idea for an outreach project to the University students, then find people to serve on it. That by January if I have the idea we can start, that's when all the students will be back from their Christmas holidays. I will also be working with the hosting team to help set up and teach them how the team in the city runs. They already have a team and a leader, but they currently all just stand outside and greet people at the door. 




When then visited a close by mall to get some running shoes because I didn't bring any with me. I found a brand new pair of red nike shoes for only $32 NZD, for that pair in NZ they would be over $100, amazing! We all had a massage on these chairs they had in the middle of the mall - it cost 10 peso for 3 minutes which is well under $1 haha. That night when we arrived back home, Anne and I went for a run at the nearby University park. It was ridiculously hot was sweating like pigs, but was such a beautiful park to run in. One lap was about 4KM and had fairy lights in the trees and is patrolled by security guards 24/7. Got home from the run, had a shower and then bed. 

Goodnight all xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment