Thursday, December 11, 2014

God is Doing Something

Day Seven

Today we got talking about Filipino culture and the things the mission team didn't get the chance to learn about because they were only here for two weeks. I learnt that in Filipino culture, it's rude to just walk up to someone and ask them to do something. For example "could you go and get that paint brush that's over there for me?" They explained that it's all in the tone of voice you use and you must smile and say excuse me before you ask someone to do something. When you walk into a room or when you need to walk past a group or a person, you say excuse me and move your hand in a forward motion in front of you. In the Philippines, you never point your finger at anyone or even in a certain direction. When you are motioning for someone to come over to you from a distance you never use one finger like we would do in NZ it's a whole hand movement. Pointing your finger here suggests you are very angry and it's incredibly rude. I am thankful I am learning these things so I can put them into practice wherever I am going. 

Somehow we then got onto talking about the church and they shared about how the church started and Ps John shared his visions and dreams that he has for Manila and the Philippines. It's just amazing to hear what God has done in their lives and in Equippers Manila. The two of them are incredible, their faith and obedience to God really is so inspiring. He showed me his journal with the prophetic pictures he had been given from God and described where he saw the church going and expanding to in a year and four years time. Then Ps John said that he had been praying for me that morning and he thinks we need to pray. So we gathered around and Ps John saw an image of two trees growing simultaneously, both with many branches growing from them. Right in the middle of the two trees was my heart. That God is growing two things and my heart is right in the middle of them. The trees represent something for his Kingdom and God will speak and tell me what they represent. That I will lay hands on the sick and they will be healed, when I see the heart image before my eyes to go and pray for that person. They said that in the past my heart has got me into trouble, but God is building something. The branches are going to mesh together with my heart in the middle. That I will bless many people of the Philippines while I'm here. Then they prayed for Gods anointing and commissioned me. They said that I'm under the same anointing that they are under. Of faith and not knowing what the next step is but to just trust him. They said that I am free, I'm forgiven and my heart is healed and now he is bringing forth my heart as an adult. He has me here for a purpose.

That night we had a leaders meeting with all the eGroup Leaders, where Ps John taught his leaders and got them to ask some questions that they had personally abut the Bible and also about discipling their eGroup members. 




After the meeting finished, I headed with Joy to Jollibees and had dinner before heading to stay at her place. Once we got to their place, I was so amazed with how they treated me. They treated me as if I was a Queen, I felt really honored but at the same time I didn't need special treatment. But I think it is the Filipino culture that I am still adjusting to. Lily Joys mum had not been feeling well that day but she offered up her bed which was a double bed on the bottom of a bunk bed. I felt so bad cos I could have slept on the mattress that she was sleeping on and said to her that I was ok to sleep there, but she was sleeping there with her Son next to her so I couldn't. It's incredible how honoring Filipinos are, they are so humble, happy, contended and hospitable. Joy and I stayed up late chatting about life here in the Philippines and girl stuff :)

Goodnight all 
xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment