Friday, December 12, 2014

First eGroup in the Philippines

Day Eight

After lunch, Joy and I headed off for eGroup which was a about an hour away traveling time. We were going to meet one of the eGroup members at a mall on the way and I also needed to find a sim card and phone that I could use for the time that I am away. I will be staying at a few different places around so Ps. John said it would be best if he could get in contact with me, so I'm going to find a cell phone. Once Kathleen arrived we caught two trains and then walked for about 30mins to the Ayala triangle where they had these "dancing lights" it was really beautiful! They turned on every half hour and flashed through each faze for around 10minutes. It was incredible to watch! Was a real Christmasi atmosphere and massive crouds of people. We took heaps of selfies and videos and then eventually decided to go and have dinner in a nearby place. Most of the fast food outlets which we were trying to dine in, were full because of the Christmas rush but we found a nice place which overlooked the Ayala triangle so we had a stunning view of the lights as we had dinner. Joy had asked me earlier to share something at eGroup. I had thought to share a passage of scripture from Romans, but decided to change it last minute and share the scriptures and journey that I had been on to come to the Philippines. They asked alot of questions and we shared life stories and chatted until it got to about 10pm and we decided to head back as we had to be up super early for baptisms we were having tomorrow! All in all it was a good night, gotta be up early tomorrow so goodnight folks!! 

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
 












No comments:

Post a Comment